Our vision on impact investing
Triple I strongly believes that investments in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) can make a social change and play a vital role in achieving sustainable economic development and social impact. In fact, our mission is to fight poverty by empowering entrepreneurs with capital and hands-on business support. Read more about our unique approach.
We believe in the power of driven, positive, socially-dedicated entrepreneurs
Our investment strategy
Our investments are aimed to support SMEs to realize their full business potential and create (increase) social impact.
We work in the following regions:
- East Africa (Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya)
- South east Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Bangladesh)
- West Africa (Nigeria)
Our current portfolio enterprises are located in Nigeria, Uganda and Vietnam. In these countries we have local presence and they function as a hub for the region.
Tailor-made financial products
For each business we design an unique financial product ranging from debt to equity. Our sweet spot are commitments of €250K. The terms are defined to serve companies best; cash-flow based grace periods, performance-based interests, longer maturity and we do not charge administration fees.
Type of businesses we support
We focus on social-dedicated entrepreneurs. We support SMEs with good potential for growth and are creating social impact. The SMEs we serve are in process of scaling their business model. Typically, the businesses are locally owned and have limited access to formal capital. We aim to play a catalyzing role in attracting future external capital for these businesses. We do not invest in start-ups.
- Great potential to create social impact
- Socially and environmentally responsible business model
- Driven local entrepreneur and management team with a relentless pursuit of mission
- Product/service model that is in potential scalable
- Compliance with our ESG criteria
- Strong track record and solid customer base
- Max. turnover €10 Million
- Min. turnover €300k (Uganda €100k)
- Break-even situation (at least operational profit)
- Solvency: min. of 20% after investment
- Own contribution: min. 20% (ration 1€ to 4€)
- At least 2 years (audited) financial statements
Where we do not invest in
- Cooperatives, farmer groups, savings, credit and cooperative organizations, NGOs, private persons, listed companies and foundations.
- Companies active in real estate, project finance (housing, water irrigation and power plants), leisure (hotels, restaurants and travel agencies), private schools and private health clinics.
- We refer also to our exclusion list of sectors we will not invest in (available upon request).